11/22/22 – Engineering
XKL is a privately-owned company providing DWDM appliances and optical networking solutions for robust enterprise deployment, service providers, and cloud migration. The DarkStar product suite offers a modern optical transport alternative for private/public cloud solutions, data center networks, Internet exchanges, campus/metro networks, and long-haul networks. XKL is owned by Cisco Systems co-founder Len Bosack. The company is headquartered in Redmond, Washington.
As a Manufacturing Engineer I, you will be working directly with the hardware, software, test and manufacturing teams in a fast-moving environment. Responsibilities include mild to medium complexity assignments and projects on the Production team. The successful applicant must be extremely organized, possess strong initiative, and great work ethic. Working knowledge of various aspects of hardware is also required. This position will receive guidance from more experienced Engineers.
· Collaborate with Engineers and Technicians to develop Manufacturing practices
· Create and update Manufacturing documentation
· Test hardware functionality at the PCB, sub-system, and system level
· Assist with resolving design defects and process issues
· Organize technical data, components and equipment
· Follow testing procedures and perform various tests & measurements
· Provide DFM feedback to engineering teams
· Provide reliable time estimates
·Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering (or a combination of education, training, and experience)
· 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
· Meticulous and thrives in the details
· Action Mindset
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
· Willingness to learn and work on a wide variety of tasks
· Ability to work with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds
· Working knowledge or experience in technical manufacturing environment
· Familiarity with incoming inspection processes or procedures
· Skilled in use of lab equipment such as Multi-meters, oscilloscopes, soldering, etc.
· Database entry or maintenance experience
· Familiarity with PCB testing and/or JTAG
· Experience with Optical transceivers and Fiber optical components
· Basic networking knowledge
No Relocation Provided; Role is On-site
No Sponsorship provided – Must be U.S. Citizen
In the spirit of pay transparency, the base salary range for this position is $65,000-85,000, exclusive of fringe benefits. If you are hired at XKL, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education and/or experience. In addition to those factors, we consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please be aware that while we have provided the full base salary range for the role, hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future and continued salary growth.
XKL also offers a comprehensive healthcare package which includes medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, life insurance and 401(K). The Company recognizes the need for time off and provides fifteen days of PTO and nine paid holidays.
Full Time – Expected Salary – 65K – 85K