The DMD-A is XKL’s Mux/Demux with integrated amplification and protection switching options. The DMD-A aggregates and provides monitoring capabilities for a mix of 1G through 400G technologies, resulting in greater control and scalability. Features include 48-channel or 96-channel Mux/Demux, or 4-band or 6-band filter. There is also support for up to four Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifiers (EDFAs). DMD-A systems optionally include an Optical Protection Switch (OPS) and Dispersion Compensation Modules (DCMs). The DMD-A can serve as an integral part of an XKL network solution or can inter-operate with any optical networking equipment that utilizes the standard ITU grid with 50GHz or100GHz channel spacing.
- Zero cost software updates.
- No licensing fees.
- Simplicity, reliability, durability.
- Highly scalable solutions.
- 48-channel or 96-channel Mux/Demux (single or dual options).
- 4-band and 6-band options (single or dual options).
- Field Replaceable Units:
- Field-replaceable dual flash storage modules; one is write-protected
- Hot-swap Optical Service Channel (OSC) transceivers.
- Hot-swap power supplies (1+1 Redundant).
- Hot-swap fan units.
- Supported Topologies: